NOAA Fisheries Atlantic Highly Migratory Species Advisory Panel
Capt. Bob Humphrey represents the Recreational Sector on NOAA Fisheries’ HMS AP, providing consultation and comments during the preparation and implementation of fishery management plans or amendments for Atlantic tunas, swordfish, billfish and sharks.
- Provided input to Amendment 12 of the 2006 Consolidated HMS Fishery Management Plan
- Provided input to Amendment 13 to the 2006 Consolidated HMS Fishery Management Plan: Bluefin Management Measures.
- Provided input on a new Management Strategy Evaluation Procedure for assessing bluefin stocks.
- Provided input on the assessment process that prompted consecutive assessments, which led to an increase in quota for the western Atlantic bluefin fishery.
- Submitted a proposal leading to the modification of the Angling category Trophy North subquota areas and allocations, which divided the northern area into two zones. This preserved more quota for northern anglers where previously the quota was filled before fish arrived in the Gulf of Maine.
Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Striped Bass Advisory Panel
Capt. Bob Humphrey represents Maine on the ASMFC Striped Bass AP, providing consultation and comments during the preparation and implementation of fishery management plans or amendments for striped bass.
- Provided input and direction on Draft Amendment 7 to the Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Atlantic Striped Bass, which led to a final document being distributed for public comment.
Maine Governor’s Energy Office Fisheries Working Group
Capt. Bob Humphrey represents recreational, for-hire and commercial fishermen on the GEO’s FWG to provide direction and input on the impact of offshore wind energy development on fisheries resources.
- Provided initial input to GEO that led to a FWG
- Assisted GEO and Maine DMR staff identify existing data resources and data gaps
727 Poland Range Road
Pownal, Maine 04069